Precise measurement of dry film thickness is a significant part of the protective coating inspection process. The FISCHER FMP Series offers the most extensive selection of DFT probes available.
Virtually any application for thin or thick coatings can be measured using FISCHER instruments. Even the most standard FISCHER probes provide the ability to accurately measure close to edges. They offer automatic substrate recognition for ferrous and non-ferrous substrates. This also includes patented conductivity compensation for critical coated aluminum. Applications for measuring coatings in accordance with SSPC-PA2 or IMO PSPC with the FMP Series are available to support paperless documentation.
- Measure over all metal substates
- Hard metal tip probes for rough surfaces
- Pre-inspection scan without lifting probe
- Approximate locations named on display
- Wide selection of probes
- Precise, dry film thickness measurement in accordance to IMO-PSPC and SSPC-PA2 requirements with special pre-set measuring modes available
- Use the same probe for measuring on steel or aluminium
- Wear-resistant probes withstand even rough surfaces
- Pre-inspection of large areas with continuous scan modes
- Easy data transfer and individual report generation with intuitive software Fischer DataCenter
- Measurement of thick layers up to 100 mm for example on pipelines
- Comprehensive testing of corrosion protective coatings on porosity, cracks and leaks
Gauges conform to ASTM D 7091, DIN ISO 2178, 2360, SSPC-PA2, IMO PSPC and others.